* Get one of those big metal packing tape dispensers with the handle -- it's SO worth it!! Also extra tape, like from Costco.
* Watch Craigslist for free boxes, and nab 'em!
* Use banker's boxes with lids -- nice.
* Devise a labelling system and mark each box with a Sharpie (D1, D2, A1, A2 etc.) and keep a running legend on a notepad so you know what's in each box.
* Tape up and label each box as soon as it's full.
* Keep the legend, pen, and Sharpie in the same place at all times so you know where they are!
* Pack boxes to the brim, using newspaper if needed to stuff 'em full.
* Crumple all those stupid free grocery circulars and inane fliers for padding! It's the only time you'll ever WANT those things. Get more from friends!
more later . . .