Monday, May 21, 2007

it finally rained!

So, the spell of sunny glamour weather finally ended yesterday, as A. and I cavorted thru Portland in the drizzle, Peet's coffee (and wicked good Assam tea!) in hand. We stopped (inadvertantly, I swear!) at Powell's and bought hiking/kayaking guides, which are really inspir-o-matic! Yay, now we can get out to NATURE!

We've also been going around Vancouver neighborhoods picking up the info-flyers on houses for sale, just for kicks. I guess we're starting to think of that next step already, even though we're trying to relax and be chill 'cause we just got here! But if this crazy housebuying affliction is hitting me now, I'll just go with the flow. I think a new spreadsheet is in order! Time to figure out, list, rank, and otherwise analyze traits we both want in a house (and its location). Then find a realtor?! I'm trying to sit back and enjoy this new place without moving on to the next project, but I can't help it!

I did have fun at Maggie's passion party on Friday -- she has photos on her blog! So good to meet a bunch of new, friendly people! I want to have her and Brandon over for dinner to return all this awesome hospitality! :) And I did go to the tile store with them, but that was fun! I think that errand helped spur on this desire to own a home -- because I'll probably go there again to spruce up my future place with fun tile!

1 comment:

bec said...

sounds like you guys are having fun! I had to check out Maggie's blog to find out what a passion party entails! hee hee.