Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Indianventory

So I realized after a couple photos that Indian food does not photograph very well. So I will not burden the internet with more photos of gross-looking food. It looked delicious in real life!! But I will list here what I've made so far this month!

Mashed green gram dal (Payatham Paruppa Masial)
Beef with Green Beans (??)
Masala Channa (aka ghughni, aka chickpea yum)
Spicy Grilled Chicken (??)
Lemon Rice (Elumichampazha Sadam)
Potato Masala (Potato Paliya)
Potato Dosai (Urulaikizhangu Dosai)
Coconut Chutney (Thengai Chutney)
Tandoori Chicken

and as a wee cheat, I made these things shortly before starting this official Indian-food-adventure:

Kidney Bean curry (rajma)
Cucumber Raita

To make tonight to go with leftovers . . .
Masala Beans Poriyal
maaaaaybe some lentil dal thing . . .

There are so many awesome-looking recipes in these cookbooks, I may have to keep this up into March! I just went to an Indian grocery (finally!) and got all kinds of proper ingredients! JOY!

No comments: