Friday, April 10, 2009

I love the greenhouse!!!

I really do!  I just brought back 15 plants of all sizes, for $32.00 total.  One of the perks of volunteering there is CHEAPNESS of PLANT MATERIAL!  Next up this afternoon is to plant them all around the yard.  You see, Spring sort of Sprung while I was in Boston (more on that later) and now I'm totally in gardening mode, hence there's been no Etsy activity.  Oh well!

I was thinking on the way home, that I would LOVE to just work in a greenhouse/botanical garden/plants-related type of thing, as in, for a living.  I already do it for no pay and love it, so I dunno . . . how can I do some origami on my career path and just garden all the time?!  I'm kind of obsessed, here, and I have seemingly endless energy for it.  Hmm.

I love all my pals over there (we were really yucking it up today), and the freebies (marigolds!) and cheapies (let's see, today I got: an Edgeworthia TREE, omphalodes, fringe cup, asclepias, lavender, hydrangea, bird's foot violet, catananche, veronica peduncularis "Georgia Blue"!), and just learning so much -- today a passionate potato person came in from Everett, and I ended up with an October Blue purple potato to plant, WHICH has as much nutritional goodness in one li'l tuber as a whole pint of blueberries!  Amazing!

I think I'm going to start volunteering on Tuesdays at the Fort Vancouver Period Garden (many of the same buddies do that, too).  I was holding back so gardening didn't take over my life too much, but I think I'm almost already at that point so I may as well let it!

No comments: