People, I am pigging out on salad. SALAD. Amazing!!
I posted a recipe for salad dressing on June 10th last year (I don't care to figure out how to link to it at this time), and this new salad has many of the same components! Here is what I did:
1. Gathered lettuce from my yard. Yes, my yard! Woot!
2. Gathered mint, cilantro, basil, parsley, also from yard.
3. Went inside! Washed and sort of tore up the above a bit, put it in a bowl.
4. Prepped some asparagus my neighbor gave me yesterday and fried it up!
4a. I put olive oil in a pan.
4b. I sauteed a couple garlic cloves (thanks, Roberto!)
4c. I dumped in the asparagus, snapped in half or thirds
4d. I splashed in some white whine (isn't "splash" such a snooty verb for a recipe? ha!)
4e. I added salt and pepper, and agitated everything.
4f. When it was juuuuust right, I QUICKLY got it out of the pan to cool on, uh, some random (clean!) tupperware dish that was lying around.
5. I added the asparagus to the salad greens along with dried cranberries, shredded parmesan cheese, and my trusty Nakano red-pepper-seasoned rice vinegar.
6. I stirred it up and CAN'T STOP EATING IT! It's kind of my dinner, actually. Till I get hungry again later I guess.
If anyone ever makes this (or my other random recipes), let me know!!