Monday, June 22, 2009

Carrots!

I just picked the first carrots from my yard! Well, they were the "thinnings", a few that were growing too close to some others so had to be picked so the others wouldn't turn out all pretzel-shaped. True baby carrots! I was sad at first because they tasted pretty crappy and bitter raw, but I cut and cooked them (we're talking about maybe 1/2 cup of carrots total, here) and they were really good. Put a little butter on there, and YUM! Not the greatest in the world, but not bad for a few bucks' worth of seed packets! The rest are staying in the ground to get big big big!

Some people don't like cooked carrots, but I do NOT understand how this can be. They are so much sweeter and better than raw ones. They're like a dessert! Take my poll on cooked carrots so I can get data on their acceptance!

No comments: