A. and I did some major garden redesign in our backyard this week! It looks really different! Here is a mini-tour:
(well, 'cause A. put it there and he is awesome!) And yes, we had free coupons for the yard debris place. After dropping that off, we went to pick up some new TREES to plant! And brought them home. After we did that, we went to Home Depot to get WOOD to make raised beds! I know, we were crazy ambitious, I don't know what got into us except for a whole lot of AWESOME!! And we'd been plotting these shenanigans for a while. So all that trailering was in one day!!
(The original plan was 2 semidwarf cherry trees, but we saw this at Yard N Garden Land and HAD TO TRY IT OMG!!!) The other thing we had to try, fully abandoning the 2 cherry plan, was this:
I subsequently painted the bed white (for longevity since it's just Doug fir) and we moved it off near the espalier. More photos probably next week when we've made the second one and done who knows what else to the yard!? Oh, one last example of our insanity:
Couple more yard-y things:
* Baked 2 loaves of bread, one of which was a favorite recipe modified for the "bucket method" we've been using, and it came out YUMMY!
* Thought up a refreshing drink: water, lemon juice, and stevia powder, all to taste, over ice. No-cal lemonade!! Why didn't I do this before??? Also would be good with iced tea.
* Finalized some garden flags for the MG conference, which are going to be SO COOL, and verified I'm getting my table to sell stuff, so I am PSYCHED.
* Also, in true Dorothy fashion, as soon as I have a goal to do one thing (prepare art for conference), my brain latches on to another thing -- I started semi-drawing/continued thinking out my graphic novel of WIN! So hopefully I'll be able to simultaneously keep both projects going, because I need to. The art for possible income, the book because it is TIME. My creativity is really mad that I've been putting it off, so now I'm making a concerted effort!!
* Been watching more old Doctor Who (and falling asleep -- but I still love it, go figure!), playing Just Dance on the Wii (A. beat me!!), and we set up the new Netflix for the Wii thingie and it is wicked cool. We watched Star Trek: First Contact for the hell of it when we first tried it out. Oh Data, I do love you so.
* Is it just me or is this post especially long? OK, I'm going to go start my weekend now. Possibly by planting a LOT of zinnias. Bye!