Friday, January 6, 2012

Napping!!

I just wanted to tell you, Internet, that Eleanor did end up napping yesterday for 2 HOURS AND 15 MINUTES!!  All at once!  From about 1:40 to 4:00pm -- that's basically the whole afternoon right there!  I was able to do a crafting project and just relax.  Imagine if I had a whole afternoon to myself like that all the time!  Wow.  I daren't hope for any such thing, but I can dream about it.  You don't even understand how many half-formed projects are getting shoved into the cupboard that is my brain because I just don't have time to do them.

However, her naps have been getting better lately, with a few missteps here and there.  This week alone she had a 90-minute morning nap, then a 105-minute morning, then the magic 135-minutes (!!) yesterday afternoon, and today she slept 80 minutes this morning!  She's supposed to be sleeping now but is having her "quiet time" in the crib and quietly babbling and occasionally thumping.  I'll take it.

Oh, and she's been sleeping through the night again -- no wakeups from 7pm to 6am-ish -- like a champ!  She's always been a stellar night sleeper (and bedtime is so easy-breezy it's kind of scary), but naps are more challenging.  I've decided that it's never worth worrying or grumping over the missed naps -- she's a happy, smart, awesome baby so she must be getting the sleep she needs (though my me-time is basically non-existent, hence the grumping).

Anyway, I can't predict whether she'll sleep in the morning or afternoon, but you know, if I keep getting an hour+ chunk of sleep time per day from her, I may become a normal person again!  Time alone to do something that I want to do?!  These are exciting times.

No comments: