My kitchen is currently very messy, but it's not just the usual grime and dishes, it's PROJECTS! Here's what's cluttering up my counters right now (that is, 10pm Sunday night).
* Half a loaf of homemade bread (yep, we've somehow managed to keep making our own, and haven't bought bread in months -- A. has headed up this effort)
* A pan of granola bar cookie snacky things (for me and E. -- this time I added peanut butter, yum!) that I should really put away before bed
* 3 pork roasts cooling on the stove before they get cut up for sandwich meat and frozen
* Cookie sheets from the 20+++ pounds of cherries we've been pitting and freezing . . . sounds crazy, but wouldn't you want cherries on your breakfast every day this winter?
* A raspberry pie I made today, courtesy of our crazy bushes in the yard
* A plastic tub of dried noodles A. and I made the other day, with pesto in the dough -- they are superb! A little butter and romano on there, and superfluous bratwurst cut up in the bowl . . . insanely good. I now know how to preserve that summery pesto goodness -- directly in pasta!
* And last but not least, the remains of a giant bowl of popcorn with plastic wrap over it