Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Recipe Time! Chickpea curry with vegetable matter galore

Notes:

1. Costco bag of baby squashes.  This has proven very useful, and the recipe on the bag is also wicked good!

2. Costco quinoa.  They have (had? It's been a while since I bought a bag, it lasts a long time) a good price on this stuff. 4-lb. bag!
3. The sauce. I think you could sub whatever bottle of fun sauce you want.  I just found the tikka masala cheap at . . . you guessed it, Winco!  It didn't even taste all that "tikka masala-y", but it was still good.  All I know is, if E. eats it, I'll make it again!
4. Who knew I liked beets??  The affinity has been sneaking up on me for a couple years, and after more tasty encounters, now I can confidently say that yes, I like beets! (roasted, in moderation.)  (And I've liked borscht for a long time!)

Anyway, this meal was really tasty.  We're trying to eat more veggie-based foods, and this "tasted healthy" but was ALSO fulfilling.    Definitely grab your hot sauce if you want ANY spiciness.

Note: If you are still hungry an hour later, you can always make popcorn!!! And drink lots of water!

2 comments:

rebecca said...

yum....Must try this!

Dorothy said...

Yes, do! You could mix it up with whatever veggies you have on hand. Bonus: it makes a LOT of veggies, which then can bolster other leftovers, etc.!