Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Cloth Diapers: Kissaluvs

Alright, back on track with a cloth diaper post!  Got to finish them up before I go back and update them for baby #2 (not here yet)! :)

So, I tried a couple Kissaluvs items with E., but they didn't work out very well for us.  I already gave the Kissa's fitteds to a friend, and I think I'm going to sell or donate my Marvels AIO.


Photo from Jillian's Drawers
Photo from Jillian's Drawers
My two Kissas fitteds were the old Size 1 -- they were too big for a newborn, but too small to use as she grew.  I could never get a good fit on her!!  I much preferred my Green Mountain Diapers Workhorse fitteds.  I would say that my old Kissas fit a little smaller than the GMD red-edge fitteds.  Now apparently there is new sizing in the Kissas.


Photo from Nicki's Diapers
Sadly, just like the fitteds, I couldn't get a good fit on E. with the Marvel AIO.  It seemed to me that the waist snap placement was too high, among other mysterious fit issues.  I had this green one with a yellow interior.  It was nice that I didn't have to unstuff it (the attached insert agitates out), but it always turned completely inside-out (I believe this was because it was not a true sleeve design; it only had an opening on one end).  Turning it right-side-out was a pain.  I also found that it is hard to add absorbency when you have sewn-in inserts in a pocket (the Blueberry Basix is like that as well).  Another drawback is that the insert is stuck in there, so you can't put it in to bleach with a big load of microfiber inserts.  It would get stinky!  This diaper did not see much use.

"Bottom" line (ha ha), Maybe they would have a great fit on a different child, but I'm not all that interested in trying Kissaluvs again.

No comments: